The purpose of this contest is to develop the next Happy Masks design for kids. The following are the official contest rules:
- To be eligible, each entrant must currently be a K-5 student.
- Each student may submit no more than one entry.
- All submitted work must be the original work of the student and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images.
- All entries will become the property of FSD Media LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, dba Happy Masks. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the design are deemed assigned to Happy Masks.
- Except where prohibited by law, an entry submission into this contest constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, prize information, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation.
- Happy Masks reserves the right to modify the winning mask design as it sees necessary to achieve the goals of this initiative.
- Happy Masks reserves the right to not select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- The selected winner MUST submit a scanned version of the winning design so that it is adaptable to electronic and print media, and able to reproduce as needed.
How to Enter
The contest begins on October 19, 2020. Submissions will be accepted through November 2, 2020. In order to submit an entry, please:
- Submitted through the entry form here.
- Submitted as a high resolution .pdf or .jpg with 300 dpi or higher.
The top 5 entries will be selected by Melinda Hwang, Founder of Happy Masks and Lisa Koplik, Community Liaison, and will be subsequently presented to the broader community for voting. The entry with the most votes will then be produced and sold at www.happymasks.com.
Winners will be announced via Instagram and Facebook and by email.
The student with the winning entry will receive two free masks. Additionally, 5% of the proceeds resulting from the sales of the winning design will be donated to the student’s school, up to $10,000.
Additionally, all participating schools will be eligible for a 10% discount on bulk orders of 30 masks or more.